Today I wrote some code to get the IEE Flip VFD working. It has a fairly simple protocol and only took a bit of tweaking to get it working. I wrote the demo code for my Prop Dev Stick and will be uploading the SPIN code later once I finish the feature set.
After this I will write some C code for the MSP430 LaunchPad and get that working. The screen supports a serial input mode which saves 8 I/O pins but requires more timing. I will try to get that working as well.
I picked up some of these really neat VFD alphanumeric displays at a surplus shop while at Maker Faire. After acquiring the datasheet from the manufacture, I decided to test them with the built in test mode. I have already started writing the code to run the display and will be posting the code and datasheet when it is done.