I finished the first physical version of the msPROBOT just in time for Maker Faire. I have the majority of the demo code written and I will post it when I test the code. All the basic library functions are written. Just need to make a main program that strings it all together.
There is more information and PCB files you can download at the msPROBOT project page.
It really does work! The 3.3V is a little flaky but it functions fine with a load on it. Chassis parts should be here today.
edit// Chassis parts arrive!
Stuffing the board tonight.
I finally finished the first version of the chassis files. This one is just laser cutting. I will be releasing two more sets, a 3D printed one and a template for hand cutting.
The chassis files will be in AutoDesk 123D format. It is a free 3D modeling program aimed at makers.
Laser Cutting Ver 1.0
Laser Cutting Ver 1.1
Laser Cutting Ver 1.2
Some minor tweaks and added some more power headers. This should be the first version in PCB form.
The msPROBOT project page is live!
After a whole weekend working on the PCB I finally finished Ver 1.0 of the msPROBOT. The robot is completely open source. So far just the PCB is designed. I will be adding the bracket files and then full assembly instructions. If all goes to plan the msPROBOT will make an appearance at Maker Faire next month.
I will launch the project page in a couple hours. Need a short break first though.
About half way done on the msPROBOT. Looking pretty good with the 5V, 3.3V, and 3V power rails.
The only thing routed so far is the lithium battery charger. Most of the chips I am using have a recommended PCB layout so I am going to follow those to reduce noise from the switching power supplies. Board is going to be 75mm x 160mm in size. Should only cost $3 per unit to get them made in bulk.
I just finished the schematic for the msPROBOT.
Added the the design is the lithium battery charger and protection circuit, the motor encoders, and a 3.3V to 5V bidirectional voltage level shifter. The level shifter will make it easier for users to add extra components and sensors to the robot. The 3.3V and 5V I/O lines are broke out to headers on the board.